Sunday, November 7, 2010

Potoato Chip Cookies



I visited my ex-piano teacher a couple weeks ago and we got to talking about baking and recipes and such. Well, she pulled out her old recipe box and took out a couple of recipes, some old and some new. A Couple of them caught my eye, like the Lincoln log cake and a poke cake and these potato chip cookies. I hadn’t heard of it before and I thought I would try something new. I finally had time to bake this weekend and to say the least I couldn’t really taste to potato chips in them and they tasted more like a Mexican wedding cookie (maybe it was the almonds I used), but in all it was still really, really tasty and they were sweet but in a good way. In about 12 hours all of them were gone.

they were a fun thing to bake on some down time

Potato Chip Cookies
recipe from Beth-Ann Munson
makes about 4 dozen cookies (I halved the recipe and got 20 cookies)

Ingredients
1/2 lb (2 sticks) margarine (unsalted butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup potato chips (I used the original popchips)
1/2 cup nuts (slivered almonds)
powdered sugar (optional)

Directions
  1. preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Cream the margarine, sugar and vanilla together until fluffy.
  3. Alternate the flour and the potato chips to the creamed mixture then add in the nuts.
  4. Form into small balls and place on an un-greased/wax paper covered baking sheet and press the balls down with a fork.
  5. Bake for 20 minutes. Once done baking transfer onto a cooling rack to cool. Once the cookies have cooled you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Nutrition Facts
serving size: 1 cookie
Calories 79.2 Total Fat 5.3 g Saturated Fat 0.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.4 g Cholesterol 12.0 mg Sodium 15.4 mg Potassium 10.0 mg Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g Dietary Fiber 0.4 g Sugars 2.7 g Protein 0.8 g


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...