Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner - Pumpkin Pancakes

I am definitely getting into the Fall spirit. I am getting more into pumpkin too. There is a pumpkin patch on 287 in Colorado called Rock Creek Pumpkins and you get to pick your own pumpkins from the vine and it is so much fun. Well while I was standing in line with my mom to pay for the pumpkins I spotted their pumpkin pancake mix and it looked really, really good. So I asked my mom if I could get it and she said yes. (By the way this place, Rock Creek Farm, has the BEST pumpkin bread ever. I seriously wait all year for this bread!) Well I looked on the instructions after I got it and it said that I needed pumpkin butter and after looking like a moron in my local grocery store looking for the pumpkin butter I finally found it by the jelly, haha.


Well a week went by and I still hadn’t made the pumpkin pancakes and this week is kind of make your own dinner night because my mom has been coming home late and I took this to be the perfect opportunity to make my pumpkin pancakes!

I know this might be kind of weird because the ingredients aren’t really local for people unless you live in Colorado and happen to go to Rock Creek Farm, but I haven’t blogged in a while and I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for these amazing pancakes! :)

bubbles popping :P, also the house smalled amazing after this!
 first pancake always burns, oh well
 adding the chocolate chips! mmm
 stack of pancakes! :P for once it made the number that it was supposed to
 pumpkin pancake mix
 the best pumpkin bread I've ever eaten!
For this I used the egg whites and it turned out really nice. I also added some mini chocolate chips to a couple of the pancakes and it made it even better! :)

Ingredients
makes eight 4" pancakes
1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
2/3 cup of milk
1/4 cup pumpkin butter or pumkin pie mix
1 cup of Rock Creek Farm pumpkin pancake mix

Directions
  1. preheat your griddle to 400 degrees F
  2. Beat egg and milk together. Once its mixed together add the pumpkin butter (or pie mix) and beat until fully incorporated. Then add in the 1 cup of pancake mix and whisk together until combined.
  3. Lightly grease your griddle (I used a regular pan) and put 1/4 cup of mix into it. Once bubbles start to pop flip over once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...