It looked so much like chocolate chip cookie dough,
which I didn't expect, but then again it is a cookie in a way...
Before putting then back into the oven for the second time
I found it easier to spread the chocolate on one side instead of just
dunking it in. Also i wish i had smashed the peppermints a
from Mangia Bene Pasta
makes 3 dozen
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, butter, extract, and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each into a 10-inch by 2-inch log on the baking sheet, about 3 inches apart and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Do Not Shut Off Oven!
- Remove from oven and place baking sheet in a wire rack to cool 15 minutes and reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Transfer each log to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place the slices cut side down on the baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, turning biscotti over once during time. Cool on wire rack.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips. Dip half of each biscotti into the chocolate and sprinkle with peppermint candy. Allow to cool on waxed paper.
serving size: 1 biscotti
Calories 124.4 Total Fat 4.9 g Saturated Fat 1.8 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g Cholesterol 18.7 mg Sodium 53.6 mg Potassium 14.1 mg Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g Dietary Fiber 0.9 g Sugars 13.3 g Protein 1.8 g